Somali cultural Assoc.
Our after school program provides school aged children up to age 15 with a variety of educational, social, and physical development skills.
We have partnered with local teachers to provide comprehensive tutoring, and have partnered with a number of community businesses to help us provide exciting hands on learning experiences. Additionally, we have guest Fine Arts and athletic instructors available on a consistent basis.
Our after school program is geared towards helping your child become a future leader in his/her community.
- Somali Language Clinic – Hands-on Learning Activities
- Victorian Literacy Initiative Program in collaboration with the Local Gov.
- Public Library
- Monthly Career/Leadership Field Trips to Community Businesses & City Facilities
- Supervised Computer/Science Lab with Smart Board Technology
- Music/Art Appreciation Activities
- Career/Character Education
- Reading/Study Centre
- Certified Teachers for Tutoring/Homework Assistance
- Academic Curriculum-Based Extension Activities in-line with school curriculum
- Health/ Nutrition/ Exercise Seminars
- Outdoor Play/Arcade Corner
- Somali Culture and literature studies